EuroFAANG Session at the 72nd EAAP
EuroFAANG Session “Use of functional genome annotation in farmed animal breeding” at the 72nd EAAP Annual Meeting.
Chairs: Hubert Pausch (ETH) & Johanna Vilkki (Luke)
- Elisabetta Giuffra (INRAE): Functional Annotation of ANimal Genomes: The European perspective (GENE-SWitCH project)
- Graham Plastow (University of Alberta): BovReg: Identification of functionally active genomic features relevant to phenotypic diversity (BovReg).
- Dan MacQueen & Ross Houston (Roslin Institute): Harnessing functional annotation to improve disease resistance in farmed fish (AQUAFAANG project)
- Mario Calus (WUR): Genomic Selection in pigs & poultry – Potential of using FAANG resources & other ~omics data (GENE-SWitCH project)
- Donald & Ann Bruce (EDINETHICS), Johanna Vilkki (LUKE): What should we breed cattle for – engaging publics in a Democs card game (BovReg).